Discussion: 10th February 2023
Crush Hall, L69 3GQ
Panel Discussion 1:
Risks and Remote Sensing
Andres Alonso Rodriguez
- How can risks of extraction operations be estimated from sparse or imcomplete data?
- Can new remote sensing technologies be used to gauge risk of dam failures?
- How can risks to humans and the environment be integrated?
Roundtable Discussion 1:
Safety in Mining & Energy Extraction
- What does power or weakness of the public sector imply in the Global South?
- What should government regulators require from the regulated industries?
- What does environmental change imply for safe operations management?
Panel Discussion 2:
Impacts on People and Stakeholders
Rozemarijn Roland Host
Carmen Pires Migueles
- How should distributed risks from pollution or fracking be managed?
- How do social power dynamics play in allocating risks among stakeholders?
Roundtable Discussion 2:
Regulation and Communication
- What disclosure obligations do mine operators owe worker & resident communities?
- How should regulators communicate risks to the public?